Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Out of Commission

Last week I had (gasp) surgery to take care of a pesky cyst in my wrist.  As a result I have been without the use of my dominant hand.  I should be incapacitated for 2-4 weeks.  Not too severe, just enough to be annoying.  Just for fun, try putting on jeans, doing your hair, changing a poopy diaper while using one hand... your non-dominant one.  Slightly frustrating.  In addition to this, I traveled four states away to visit my sister who complains that I never bring my kids to visit her.  During a car ride that should take roughly 10 hours one way, my brood easily added another 50% on to that time.  I think the kiddos and I sufficiently made the point to my mother and sister that one single person making that trek will have a significantly easier time than two adults with two children who have never really enjoyed car rides.  I still don't get people who have children who sleep during car rides.  Well, I guess I get it, I'm just insanely jealous of it.  What else did I take away from this experience?  Loads of ideas.  Aside from the difficulty of hunt-peck typing, I am hoping to be able to post more routinely!

No comments:

Post a Comment